Technology & Patient Comforts
At our Millis dental office, we use modern technology to educate patients, increase comfort, and deliver safe, efficient care. Our entire team wants you to enjoy your time with us.
- Intraoral Cameras: During your checkup or new patient exam, we’ll take pictures inside your mouth with an intraoral camera. This small, handheld device takes detailed images of your teeth and soft tissues. Dr. Weiner will display the images to help explain his findings, then he’ll partner with you to determine treatment.
- Chairside Monitors: A computer monitor mounted near the dental chair will display intraoral photos and other educational material. Relax, review the information, and then consult with Dr. Weiner about how to achieve optimal oral health.
- Diagnostic Wax Ups: Dr. Weiner may create a wax model of your smile to demonstrate the effects of specific restorations. A wax up is a great teaching tool. It can help you envision your new look and make informed decisions. Wax models also allow Dr. Weiner to address occlusion issues (how upper and lower teeth fit together) before final restorations are placed.
- Nitrous Oxide: Commonly called laughing gas, nitrous oxide is a safe, effective analgesic that calms nerves and reduces sensitivity to pain. Dr. Weiner uses nitrous oxide to soothe anxious patients and promote relaxation. Laughing gas is administered through a comfortable facemask. The effects of laughing gas are quickly reversed following treatment, and patients can drive themselves home and return to their daily activities.
- Needle-free anesthesia: No one likes needles! Dr. Weiner offers a revolutionary anesthesia delivery system that uses electrical impulses to prevent discomfort during simple dental procedures. No shots, no side effects, and no residual numbing.
- Cavity-Control Rinses: Early-stage tooth decay, or demineralization, appears as soft spots on teeth. Dr. Weiner may recommend a special mouth rinse that strengthens weak areas to thwart decay and reduce the need for fillings. Some of the products he recommends reduce oral bacteria, which in turn reduces the potential for cavities and gum disease.
- Amenities: Our office doesn’t feel like a dentist’s office! We purposefully provide amenities to block the scents, sounds, and appearance you may associate with a trip to the dentist.Many people notice the aromatherapy when they arrive to our practice – a subtle fragrance that conveys comfort and tranquility. The reception area features original nature photography by Dr. Weiner, as well as cozy chairs and inviting decor. Outside each treatment room are birdfeeders that attract everything from sparrows to cardinals. During your appointment, you can relax and watch your favorite TV show. If we can do anything else to make your visit rewarding, please let us know.
- Digital X-Rays: Far superior to the technology of traditional x-rays, our environmentally friendly digital x-rays use less radiation and save our patients valuable time, making office visits shorter and more efficient. Images taken with digital radiography are incredibly easy to share via email with specialists as needed, furthering the level of convenience for our patients.
Call today to schedule your appointment with Dr. Weiner. Our Millis dental office serves Holliston, Milford, Franklin, and surrounding areas with customized dental care. We can’t wait to see your smile!
Monday: 8:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Wednesday: 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Saturday hours available